We are the data people. Everything we do centres around data. We manage data, use them and prepare organisations to transform their culture and operations towards a data and insight driven approach.
And now, we are starting a Smart Buildings division. Our vision is to use data science to bring buildings into the 21st century. Our products and services aim to manage energy costs, generate insights for the facilities team and make every experience in a building seamless.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our Product Development Team and spearhead all data science activities related to developing products for our software-as-a-service platform. Responsible for overseeing the data science team, the successful candidate manages the full lifecycle of the process of question formulation, design, research and development, implementation, and testing.
The current team is comprised of 3 machine learning engineers who are keen to be led and mentored by the successful candidate. The raw data can be a mixture between categorical and time series data with problems ranging from real-time optimization to analytics/descriptive product solutions.
As a Data Scientist with Azendian, you will have a chance to make a global impact as the application of data science in this domain is still at its infancy.
- Lead all R&D direction for product development
- Work with stakeholders to understand the business case and provide input
- Manage end-to-end lifecycle of building and validating models
- Identify desired/required dataset and data sources
- Provide input into the development of backend systems
- Guidance and mentoring for team members
- 3+ years of experience in manipulating data and developing models and algorithms
- Experience in writing production grade algorithms
- Demonstrated expertise in Machine Learning and Optimization, especially time series data
- Proficiency in applying advanced statistical techniques
- Demonstrated expertise in practical data processing, data mining and information retrieval tasks
- Experience working in cross-functional team environment
- Excited to gain knowledge in a new domain
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for solving high impact real-world problems
- Excellent communication, leadership, relationship skills and a strong team pla
Skills / Qualifications:
- Background in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other quantitative field with experience in Python, or R
Good to have:
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field
- Mechanical, Thermodynamics or Control Systems background
- Experience working with Building Management System (BMS) data
- Deep learning and neural networks for video analysis
- Experience in big data tools and techniques (such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, and Spark and any BI/Visualisation tool (such as PowerBI, OBIEE, Tableau, and D3.js) is a plus