Data Scientist_Senior Data Scientist
What We Do Matters
Azendian Solutions is an Artificial Intelligence, data science solutions and operations technology startup, contributing to smart city solutions with a current focus on Education and the Built Environment. We also have a thriving data science consulting and system integration practice. We are expanding into new markets and domains. If you enjoy working for a visionary in a fast, dynamic environment and have what it takes to succeed, join us in our transformation and growth story
We are looking for a Data Scientist / Senior Data Scientist to champion the efforts to drive a cohesive data integration and analytics . The solutions may be in the areas of structured or unstructured data. Depending on the area(s) of professional competencies, the ideal candidate will be tasked to develop the
predictive, forecasting or operation research (optimisation) models as part of a larger effort. In addition, the role may be involved in text mining and network analytics solutions.
- Primarily responsible for applying the skills and knowledge gained about data analysis, analytics, data science to ensure the successful delivery of client engagements and initiatives within our Data and Analytics practice.
- Assist in collecting / gathering requirements from the clients to understand their current state.
- Attend and assist in facilitating project meetings / workshops with client working team members.
- Contribute and support projects in his/her respective area of expertise.
- Participate in software development processes and best practices, documentation of requirements and software codes during the software development lifecycle.
- Produce high quality deliverables/document, with-ready-to-use content.
- Drive a module or task within a project on their own with minimal supervision.
- Prepare user requirements and any data development work including documentation.
- Proactively perform research on the business, industry and functional domain of the client to stay up to date.
- Assist in developing project deliverables and assets such as templates, processes, reports, and presentation decks for the client based on the work assigned.
Senior Data Scientist
- Lead a small team of Data Scientists.
- Lead the clients’ discussion for design, development and testing of enhancements spanning multiple areas ranging from moderate to high complexity.
- Develop and manage the end-to-end lifecycle of analytics projects from requirement, data scoping, modelling to production (model deployment and monitoring).
- Work with product owners and engineering teams throughout the product development lifecycle from concept, design, prototyping, acceptance testing, data curation, delivery, operationalisation, industry proliferation, to product end-of-life.
- Propose, implement, and validate algorithms, ensuring functional and non-functional requirements such as transparency, fairness, scalability, security, integration complexity and operational costs.
- Lead small-scale projects on his/her own with supervision.
- Proactively lead/contribute and support projects in his/her respective area of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics or equivalent.
- Data Scientist – 2 years’ experience; Senior Data Scientist – 5 years’ experience in data analytics fields/ML.
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning principles.
- Experience in data processing, feature selection, hyper-parameter optimization, model validation and visualization.
- Experience in data analysis / numerical computing / classical ML tools like Pandas, NumPy/SciPy, Scikit-Learn, or XGBoost.
- Able to develop SQL queries and working with data models.
- Experience in production software engineering routines such as test-driven development, code versioning with Git, conducting code reviews, and CI/CD.
- Familiar with object-oriented programming concepts and their application to data science pipelines.
- Deep and eager interest in emerging technologies and the ability to leverage the technologies into solutions to meet our strategic and operational client needs.
- A self-starter with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- A client-centric, outcome driven and quality focused team player.
- Detailed oriented and is able to work in fast paced and agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both in written and spoken English.