The Enterprise Information Management (EIM) Manager will be responsible for ensuring all information, data and applications are configured and maintained in the optimal way to provide accurate and timely information to all the business decision makers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who will work to create and maintain an Enterprise Data Management architecture that will ensure the appropriate applications are in use, allowing data to be converted into information to support the business decision makers.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all matters related to Data and Information, including, but not limited to applications and databases
- Accountable for overall Information Management delivery to the company
- Define and manage an Enterprise Architecture to ensure data integrity and one source of truth across all systems
- Responsible for enterprise data architecture – set and maintain the vision for cross-platform data integrity
- Establish the optimal environment for applications and data, and collaborate with the Manager, Information Technology on infrastructure
- Create and maintain a long and short-term plan for Information Management that aligns to the business strategy and goals
- Manage a team of technical subject matter experts in all areas of data and information systems required to deliver Information Services
- Create information structure to enable exploitation and optimization of information to benefit the business
- Develop and manage the annual Information Management budget
- Ensure all Information Management staff have development plans, goals and targets to successfully deliver on the annual team and business objectives Set, monitor and report key metrics as agreed with the Director, Information Services and business
- Keep abreast of trends and changes that may impact Information Management
- Identify, help negotiate, and maintain strong working relationships with key vendors and keep abreast of changes that might impact the service delivery (either positively or negatively)
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and related fields
- At least 2 to 3 end-to-end data warehouse / data lake / business intelligence implementation
- With 5 or more years of experience in a similar industry area
- Ability to coach a team in all areas of data and information systems required to deliver and achieve project objectives
- Ability to lead teams under pressure with demonstrated experience in Project management
- Understand solution requirements and design, develop, build and operationalize solutions
- Enjoy problem-solving in different domains and industries.
- Love working with high energy and competent teams
- Preferably with experience in SAS or other software applications such as IBM, Informatica, Microsoft
- Business knowledge – good understanding of business processes and data needs to shape systems required to deliver the right information to decision makers when required.
- Thorough understanding of most aspects of data management, data analytics, databases and information management. Knowledge of the tools and processes available to create, extract and maintain business knowledge to ensure maximum value is gained from information as an asset.
- Effective communication, conflict resolution, and problem resolution skills, including facilitation of groups, presenting to groups at all levels, assisting others to present effectively
- Sound analytical and process/systems thinking skills; excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to understand and articulate the needs of the customer and assist them in making the necessary decisions to accomplish their objectives.
- Good understanding of document control best practices, processes and solutions
- Understanding of project management principles and practices
- Ability to work independently and make necessary business decisions to facilitate the needs of the business