We are looking for an Actuarial Consultant to join our dynamic team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Work closely with solution implementation team including assessing requirements, fulfilling IFRS17 regulatory requirements.
- Understand, communicate, and assess risks that may occur during project implementation.
- Conduct and facilitate workshops, focus group discussions with both business and technical team.
- Attend and assist in facilitating project meetings/workshops with client working team members.
- Review client’s GL account, GL accruals, GL Reconciliation, Management Reporting during implementation.
- Gather requirements from the clients to understand their current states.
- Contribute and support projects in his/her respective expertise area.
- Produce high-quality deliverables/document, with-ready-to-use content.
- Prepare user requirements and data development work including documentation.
- Assist in developing project deliverables and assets such as templates, processes, reports, and presentation decks for the client based on work assignment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Actuarial Science/Finance/Computer Science or quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, and related fields.
- Minimum 2 years and above related work experience, background on IFRS17 will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Actuarial/Finance/Accounting processes and methods.
- Experience in the insurance sector, either from within the industry as part of an insurance institution or from professional services, including insurance accounting and/or relevant advisory engagements.
- Knowledge or awareness of developments in insurance regulation.
- Experience in implementing end-to-end Sun GL or SAP FICO or Oracle General Ledger will have added advantage.
- Experience in SAS Products – SAS EG, SAS Data integration (DI), SAS Infrastructure for Risk Management (IRM), SAS Risk & Finance Workbench (RFW) and SAS Visual Analytics (VA) will have added advantage.
- Experience in developing project deliverables (proposals, reports, presentations) to a high standard.
- Ability to understand client’s requirements, design, develop/build, test and operationalize data management solutions.
- Familiar and interested in working with data and technologically driven solutions.
- Good command of English in both verbal and written communication skills.