Azendian Solutions, a leading data analytics and AI company in Asia, was founded by a group of veteran Data Management and Advanced Analytics professionals who champion software and application-based solutions as the way to improving productivity and sustainability in the 4.0 digital economy. We contribute to smart city solutions, with a current focus on education (EduTech) and the built environment
We are looking for a qualified Data Engineer who will be leading the data engineering team. The ideal candidate will design and deliver high quality data products – data warehouse, data marts, data lake and data hubs; either on the cloud or on-premises system environments.
- Lead, design, build and support the data pipeline and all the associated Software Engineering infrastructure tasks.
- Liaise with clients, technical architects, data architects, data scientists and BI analysts to gather the requirements.
- Analyse the data requirements, prepare the functional and non-functional specifications for the data products.
- Design and develop the data pipeline using either ETL/ELT approach to load or synchronise data in near real time or batch mode.
- Lead the ETL Development team and ensure that the standards and qualities of the ETL development and deliverables.
- Conceptualise and generate the data pipeline so that big data can be accessed and analysed.
- Prepare the Test Plans and conduct Unit Test, System Integration Test, User Acceptance Test and Performance Test.
- Design and implement the deployment approaches and methods to roll-out the system changes.
- Stay up to date with the industry standards and technological advancements that will improve the quality of the data products.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- At least 3 ~ 5 years of end-to-end data warehouse, data lake and big data implementation experience.
- Possess at least 5 years of experience in a similar industry area.
- Proficient with at least one or more of the following technologies: Informatica ETL Tools , SSIS, SQL Skills, SQL Server , Azure Data Factory, Data Warehouse, ETL Framework.
- Preferably possess a good knowledge about: DataStage, Attunity, Hadoop Ecosystem, Data APIs, Unstructured Data and Data Modelling, BI Tools – Power BI, MicroStrategy, Qliksense, Tableau and SAS.
- Manage and coach a team to achieve project objectives.
- Able to lead multiple teams and effectively work under pressure when there is an escalated demand in the project lifecycle.
- Understand the solution requirements and progress to design, develop, build and eventual operationalising the solutions.
- Enjoy problem solving in the different domains and industries.
- Love working with a highly energetic and competent team.
- A self-starter with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- A client-centric, outcome driven and quality focused team player.
- Excellent communication skills; both in written and spoken English.