We are looking for a qualified Data Engineer who will be part of the data engineering team. The ideal candidate will design and develop high quality data products – data warehouse, data marts, data lake and data hubs; either on cloud or on-premises system environments.
- Build and support the data pipeline and all the associated Software Engineering infrastructure tasks.
- Liaise with clients, technical architects, data architects, data scientists and BI analysts to gather the requirements.
- Analyse the data requirements, prepare the functional and non-functional specifications for the data products.
- Develop the data pipeline using either ETL/ELT approach to load or synchronise data in near real time or batch mode.
- Prepare the Test Plans and conduct Unit Testing, System Integration Test, User Acceptance Test and Performance Test.
- Implement the deployment approaches and methods to roll-out the system changes.
- Stay up-to-date with industry standards and technological advancements that will improve the quality of the data products.
- A keen learner with a minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- At least 2 to 3 years of end-to-end data warehouse, data lake and big data implementation experience.
- Possess at least 3 years of experience in a similar industry area.
- Proficient with at least one or more of the following technologies: Informatica ETL Tools , SSIS, SQL Skills, SQL Server , Azure Data Factory, Data Warehouse, ETL Framework.
- Preferably possess a good knowledge about: DataStage, Attunity, Hadoop Ecosystem, Data APIs, Unstructured Data and Data Modelling.
- Able to work under pressure when there is an escalated demand in the project cycle.
- Understand the solution requirements and progress to develop, build and operationalise the solutions.
- Enjoy problem solving in different domains and industries.
- Love working with a highly energetic and competent team.
- A self-starter with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- A client-centric, outcome driven and quality focused team player.
- Excellent communication; both in written and spoken English.