Data Scientist Manager
We are looking for a qualified Data Scientist Manager who will be working closely with the leadership team who sits across multiple functions such as product, sales to maintenance support.
The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and possess the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our company.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modelling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Build, develop and maintain the data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support the key business decisions.
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights, analysing the business and key operations performance metrics.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise a team of analyst-level employees.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with reference to the policies, procedures, and processes.
- Manage and optimise processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modelling, visualisation and communication deliverables.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insightful initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
- At least 7 years of working experience in Data Analytics or Data warehousing or similar industry.
- A keen learner with a minimum bachelor’s degree in quantitative fields such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or related field.
- Highly skilled in Research and Data Analytics.
- Implementation experience in data quality management techniques and establish processes for monitoring, measuring, reporting compliance with acceptable levels of data quality (completeness, validity, consistency, timeliness, and accuracy).
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: Predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on-premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.